Select Tours are designed to be exclusive with a maximum number of 18 pax only per coach.
The selling points of these excursions are:
1. Select Tours offer a much more personal service for those people who prefer to feel Â more independent and do not wish to travel and be guided around in large groups (some customers feel they are â€śherded around like cattleâ€ť when they are in large coach parties).
2. As a much smaller group (18 pax maximum) the service from the guide is much more personal so customers can ask many more questions and a good personal rapport is built up whereby customers get to know each other and the guide much better, this has a huge bearing on the enjoyment of the day out.
3. Select Tours travel by small luxury minibus, which are able to access places that larger 50+ seater coaches cannot.
4. Select tours include a light lunch in a quieter restaurant (i.e.: not a restaurant that caters for huge groups).
5. Select Tours have additional sights to our normal excursions (i.e.: there are differences so that parallels cannot be drawn with our normal excursion program.)
The Target Market
Because of the nature of these excursions they will be targeted at a particular market and although anyone can book a Select tour from any hotel they are really aimed at the more discerning customer.
Coach departs Sorrento between 08.30/09.00. Drive the scenic Amalfi coastal route as far as Positano. Stop for 1hr free time in Positano. Please note clients have to walk all the way downhill and back uphill. Â Continue along the Amalfi coastal route as far as Amalfi where there is a stop for 1 hr of free-time.Â The tour continues from Amalfi up to Ravello where there is an hourâ€™s free-time in Ravello. Â Return journey to Sorrento along the coastal route (unlike larger coaches), arrive back approximately 17.30/18.00
Included lunch served in Pontone with the following menu:
Choice between two pasta dishes (courgettes or fresh tomato)
Home made cake
Local wine and water
Villa Rufolo â‚¬ 5.00
Church and museums in Amalfi â‚¬ 3,00
Church in Ravello â‚¬ 2,00
Note: Â entrance feeÂ : no discount under 18/over 65
Coach departs Sorrento between 08.30/09.00
Drive from Sorrento to Herculaneum.Â Guided visit of site for 1.30 hours. Drive to Pompeii for light lunch
Continue from Herculaneum to Pompeii for an afternoon visit to the site. Guided visit of site for 2.00 hours including a visit to Villa dei Misteri. Return journey to Sorrento, arrive back approximately 17.00/17.30
The Villa ofÂ Mysteries: At last, here we are at the Villa dei Misteri, the most beautiful building outside the city walls. It is dedicated to Dionysius, also known as Bacchus, the god of wine
Lunch served in Pompeii with the following menu:
Caprese salad (mozzarella and tomato)
Pizza orÂ Pasta with bolognese sauce or Pork escalope with mushroom sauce and French fries
Local wine and mineral water
- Entrance to Pompeii â‚¬ 11,00
- Entrance to Herculaneum â‚¬ 11,00